Russ Story’s affinity for investing and financial matters began more than 30 years ago, when he began investing in the stock market through a class in high school. His classmates elected him Senior Class Treasurer. After spending several years in Atlanta as a Vice-President with Buckhead Financial Corporation, he moved south to Douglas Georgia and remains in the field he loves.
Russ is married to Julie Mangum Story (1990 Taylor County, Florida High Homecoming Queen) and together they have 7 children. Mr. Story has lectured at the University of Georgia on issues of retirement planning and finance. He is Past President of the Local Chapter LIONS Club. Russ has been an instructor at South Georgia State College and taught investment classes for women and beginners.
Russ Story holds the following titles and designations:
- Financial Advisor
- Registered Financial Consultant (RFC)
- Investment Advisor Representative
- Better Business Bureau
- Academy of Financial Services
- National Council on Aging
- Children of Aging Parents
- Member AARP
- National Registry of Financial Service Representatives
- National Registry of Who’s Who for Executives and Professionals- 2002
- Georgia Chamber of Commerce
- Douglas-Coffee County Chamber of Commerce